Re-emerging from COVID-19 – Reconnect and Rebuild Hope & Resilience
with Rhythm2 Recovery’
‘An Evidence based approach to restoring Social & Emotional Health’
Our standard facilitator training is a practical two-day workshop, suitable for counsellors, educators, music therapists, youth workers, occupational therapists, and other people working in the personal development field. These standard training workshops extend on the model Simon created with the Holyoake DRUMBEAT program to include over 100 new exercises for groups and individuals, that link rhythmic music, movement and voice to themes of health and wellbeing.
We also offer one day Bullying Prevention Training for facilitators working with young people of school age. This format follows the eight session protocol outlined in the Rhythm2Recovery Bullying Prevention manual, and covers topics including: types of bullying, peer pressure, healthy relationships, the bystander challenge, tolerance and empathy, self-esteem and assertiveness, resilience & responsibility.
Our final therapeutic program is a one day extension to the standard Rhythm2Recovery workshop for people who have completed the original training. This provides returnees with new exercises, new themes, new rhythms and a great opportunity to refresh and expand their skills using this rhythm and reflection model.
R2R also tailor private trainings to meet the needs of specific organisations.
Rhythm2Recovery will be holding workshops internationally in 2023. Click below to view event information or contact us to arrange a workshop in your area.
|12 - 13 Oct||Bendigo, Victoria, Australia||26 Myers Street, Merl's Room||EDU Events||More info||Register|
|14 - 15 Oct||San Diego, CA, United States||TBA||Summer Lall||More info||Register|
|4 - 5 Nov||San Antonio, TX, United States||LRTC Education Center, 17903 Corporate Woods Drive||Rhythm2Recovery||More info||Register|
|9 - 10 Nov||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia||Elwood Bowls Club, 170 Glenhuntly Road, Brighton,||EDU Events||More info||Register|
|11 - 12 Nov||Toronto, Ontario, Canada||The Music Therapy Centre, 1175 Bloor St W||Rhythm2Recovery||More info||Register|
|16 - 17 Nov||Hobart, Tasmania, Australia||Mornington Skills Centre 9 Takari Place, Mornington||EDU Events||More info||Register|
|23 - 24 Nov||Sydney, NSW, Australia||Club Burwood RSL, 96 Shaftesbury Rd, Burwood||EDU Events||More info||Register|
|7 - 8 Dec||Perth, WA, Australia||TBA||EDU Events||More info||Register|
|7 - 8 Dec||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia||West end Croquet Club, 91 Cordelia St, South Brisbane||EDU Events||More info||Register|
|9 - 10 Dec||Denver, CO, United States||TBA||Summer Lall||More info||Register|
|7 - 8 Mar, 2024||Adelaide, SA, Australia||Coles Hall, St Peters, 34A Third Avenue||EDU Events||More info||Register|
|27 - 28 Mar, 2024||Nambour, Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia||Hope Community Church Hall, 86 Windsor Rd, Burnside||EDU Events||More info||Register|
|9 - 10 May, 2024||Rockhampton, QLD, Australia||Helem Yumba Healing Place, 14 Fitzroy Street||EDU Events||More info||Register|
|23 - 24 May, 2024||Albury, VIC, Australia||The Hub, 562 Macauley Street||EDU Events||More info||Register|
|20 - 21 Jun, 2024||Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia||The Surf Club, 23 Surf Club Rd||EDU Events||More info||Register|
No results found. Please check back soon, more to be announced.
The Rhythm2Recovery model – linking the evidence of what works in therapy to rhythmic activities for individuals and groups.
- An introduction to the Rhythm2Recovery model.
- Rhythm exercises and strategies to cement the therapeutic alliance.
- Exercises that examine values & boundaries.
- Rhythm exercises for fun and focus.
- Rhythmic mindfulness.
- Key Analogies linking the musical exercises to life experiences & encouraging reflection.
- Rhythm exercises for teamwork and healthy relationships.
- Exercises for physical balance.
- Exercises for empowerment & self-belief.
The Rhythm2Recovery model – key principles of effective practice, and a flexible template for client centred, rhythm based practice.
- Rhythm exercises for better communication.
- Listening exercises.
- Exercises for managing adversity.
- Exercises promoting responsibility.
- Positive Psychology Exercises.
- Rhythm exercises for the safe expression of feelings.
- Rhythmic exercises for identifying feelings.
- Emotional regulation exercises.
- Grounding exercises.
- Rhythm exercises for coordination.
- Strategies for effective implementation.
Attendance at a Rhythm2Recovery training workshop also provides exclusive access to our locked facilitator resources through the R2R website. These include:
- 200 Training videos of R2R exercises in situ.
- Evaluation measures.
- Permission Forms.
- Mindfulness Scripts for the drum.
- Indigenous 2 Way Learning workbook.
- Session outlines –COVID Resilience & Recovery Program, Child Trauma Exercises, and outlines for Veterans groups, DV Prevention groups, Elderly, Parenting, & Grieving groups etc.
- Tips sheets for effective implementation.
- Promotional material.